Before you shop:
This is a newly developed shopping platform and it has some "kinks" that we are aware of and are working on. Please familiarize yourself with these problems before you begin shopping to help avoid complications or confusion while completing your order. We have also included some "tips and tricks" below to help improve your shopping experience.
KNOWN SITE ISSUES:
1. Some product images are missing or wrong. Under these circumstances, you can be confident that the written product description is correct and is what you should go by when selecting your items.
2. If there is an item that you know we carry that you can not find on the site, please let us know in the "order instructions" field on the shopping cart page.
3. If you purchase an item on sale, the discount may show up under the wrong item in your cart.
4. The coupon feature is currently unavailable even though it is shown on the shopping cart page.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR USING 14 CARROT ONLINE SHOPPING:
1. We do not currently allow online payment. We will call you ahead of your pickup time to pay over the phone or you can pay in person when you arrive to pick up your order. You can pick up your order at any time after payment. Once you’ve arrived at the store for pickup, call (803) 359-2920. A 14 Carrot employee will bring your order out to your car. If you prefer, the employee can place the bag(s) directly inside your trunk. If alcohol is purchased you will be required to show proper ID at pickup.
2. You may check out as a guest or create an account. The benefit of creating an account is you will have access to past orders, the ability to create shopping lists, and, if you are a 14 Carrot Rewards Program member, view your account information, including your rewards balance. If you would like to use any or all of your rewards during checkout, please indicate this in the "order instructions" field on your shopping cart page.
To create an account, click "login" in the top right corner of the page. Then click "Forgot or need to need to create your password?" and follow the instructions. In order for your account to be successfully linked to your rewards account, please make sure you register with the phone number associated with your account.
Even though it will allow you to do so, please DO NOT update your contact info within the shopping site. If you need to update your contact info, please do so HERE. Thank you!
3. Once an item is in your cart you have an option to "add notes" or "allow substitutions" for each item.
"Add notes" can be useful when shopping for produce. For example, potatoes are sold by the pound but if you specifically want 6 large potatoes, it can be difficult to estimate the weight. Please use the "add notes" section in your cart to enter custom information of this nature. You can also use the "add notes" section if there is a particular substitute you would like to request if your first choice becomes unavailable.
If you select "allow substitutions" you give permission to our staff to use their discretion in selecting the best substitute for an unavailable item.
4. Please be aware that an item may sell out in-store between when your order is placed and when we fulfill your order. In this case, you will receive a substitution (if allowed; see #3 above) or this item will be left off of your order (if you've selected "no substitutions" or if our staff does not feel there is an appropriate substitution.)
We will inform you of any substitutions or unavailable items when you are called to make payment.
5. We will not be offering our 30% produce discount regardless of when you place your order or when you schedule your pickup. Many stores charge a fee for online shopping and curbside pickup because of the additional labor costs involved. We are trying to avoid passing these extra costs on to you so in return we cannot extend our produce discount to online shopping. Thank you for your understanding.