Don's Summer Tomato Pie
This is a recipe he adopted from Mr. Red many years ago.
- 10 count can of buttermilk biscuits (or try making your own using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit & Baking Mix)
- 3 or 4 large Organic or local ripe tomatoes
- 1 Organic sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Organic bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or mayo substitute)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Shredded Organic cheddar cheese
Pat out biscuit dough in a 9"x13" pan to form a crust. Slice tomatoes 1/4" thick and lay on biscuits. Cook onions and peppers, seasoned w/salt and pepper, until tender. Spread over tomatoes. Mix mayo and sour cream and spread over vegetables. Cover with cheddar cheese. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees and enjoy!